Real Quality Comic's #1 -- Illustrator Wanted.

Real Quality Comics #1 -- The script's finished, download it here.

This has been done for about a week, give or take, but I wanted to wait and post it on a Monday or Tuesday for better visibility [I get zero traffic on weekends]. I don't really expect the flashy title to get me much Google attention, but certain search terms have drawn visitors here in the past, so I figure it's worth a try. And if you are an illustrator, looking to be a comic book artist, feel free to download the above script, and if you're interested get in contact with me either in the comments section of this post, on Facebook, or at mojo.wire.productions@gmail.com for more information.

And if you're not an artist, but you're reading this and know someone who might interested in working on a comic, feel free to pass them this script, or send them my contact info. I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'm still not sure how I'm going to go about finding a new illustrator to work with. A few methods spring to mind -- Deviant Art was recently suggested to me, though I know going there can tend to get a little... ah, hairy [re: furry], and there are so many portfolios over there that working through the bulk of them might take more free time than even I have. Blogspot also seems promising, and if I make any headway I'll be sure to write about my results here. Still, I'm up for suggestions if anyone has any, as this is a "problem" I've been trying to work out for awhile now, and really haven't come up with much on my own.

A few other notes about the above-mentioned script -- if you're one of the three people who read the first draft, don't worry about bothering with this one. The changes are marginal, mostly just fixing typos and making things clearer for the reader and the artist. Since the whole idea was to try and work on an industry timeline, it didn't seem fair to obsess over this and make too many sweeping changes, and besides, I'm actually pretty pleased with what this does.

But if you are interested in seeing what I've been working on, or want to help me come up with a title for the story, then feel free to download this and tell me what you think. Yes, I am pretty much finished with this story, and probably won't be making changes on the draft based on any comments, but I will be beginning work on the script for Issue #2 soon, so knowing what I need to do better, or what people would be interested in seeing more of would be a big help. Again, Facebook, e-mail, or my comments section are fine for anything you have for me.

As for Real Quality Comics #2, I have a pretty good outline, and will probably be getting started soon. But I have a few other things I need to work on too [re: The Familiar], and maybe a couple of healthy distractions coming up, so I might wait and see if there's some interest in the first script before I rush to do others. Of course, the first one didn't take me too long to crank out [which has sort of the idea], so who knows? Could be a script for a second issue as early as next week, though I think another month would be a smarter estimate.

Cheers.

0 comments :: Real Quality Comic's #1 -- Illustrator Wanted.