New Cash Sketches. And what were your top horror films of the past decade?

Justin has posted some new Cash sketches [re: Calamity Cash and the Town with No Name]. These are some of my favorite kind of sketches, because they show a lot of the early work of the comic, and most importantly, Justin's layouts and thumbnails.

Chugging along. Should have more soon, the holidays always slows comic work down.

Also, my request for links still stands. I know my previous post wasn't up for very long before this new one, but feel free to throw me your website, blog, tumblr, or anything like that so I can add it to my sidebar.

Finally, John over at the Bathroom Monologues has talked me into hosting lists of the best horror films of the last decade here on the site. I know he's doing one, and I am too, and if anyone else would like to contribute I'd be glad to post them here. Right now, I'd like to get about a week's worth, but that depends pretty heavily on the interest I get. I know I'm not really a movie blog, but it might be a fun thing to do. If the turnout's good, maybe we can do it again in ten years.

And if you're really, really, really not comfortable about putting together a horror movie list, I could probably be talked in to just a top ten flicks for the past decade if you like. Naturally anything I get will be treated like a guest entry, with copious amounts of linkage and plugging for your website or blog.

A good place to send those would be mojo.wire.productions@gmail.com, or message me on Facebook or AIM [re: Maskedrambler].

4 comments :: New Cash Sketches. And what were your top horror films of the past decade?

  1. In no particular order: (I'm also being really loose about what defines horror and including movies that I find psychologically traumatizing)
    Imprint
    Family
    Slither
    Battle Royale
    Mulholland Drive
    28 Days Later
    The Great Yokai War
    Dawn of the Dead Remake
    Shaun of the Dead
    Inland Empire
    The Orphanage
    The Ring
    The Grind House Double Feature
    Final Destination 2
    Saw

    Visitor Q
    Ichi the Killer
    Izo
    Drag Me To Hell
    American Psycho
    The Host

  2. Thanks Andrew. Any chance I could talk you into to narrowing it to about ten, with a short blurb on each? If you have time. Hoping to put together a week's worth of guest blogs.

    If not, it's cool. You definitely pulled a few flicks the other people haven't though, and I'd love to be able to post them.

  3. yeah... should I just email you my blurbs?

  4. Absolutely. mojo.wire.productions@gmail.com